Certification and Approval
|DNV ISO 9001:2015 & 14001:2015||The casting facility has been awarded manufacturing certificates by ABS, Lloyds Register, DNV and RINA.||PED certification by DNV||Achilles Certificate||Sellihca Certificate|
Extent of Management system
The company’s management system includes what is stated in the ISO 9001: 2015 standard, as well as ISO 14001: 2015. Relevant external and internal issues, binding requirements, requirements from relevant stakeholders and the organization’s units/departments. This is further described under the respective routine of the management system.
Physically, the management system comprises activities conducted in the area as shown below. The picture includes real estate Österbybruk 1: 307 and 1: 380.
The management system also includes the company’s subsidiary, Österby Foundry Norway A / S, 5353 Straume, Norway. A sales office with one person employed.
Österby Gjuteri endeavours to:
- Constantly improve our casting and processing methods
- Review our work in order to make our processes more efficient
- Meet customer requirements and expectations by constantly implementing and developing our management systems
- Motivate and engage employees to supply products and services that meet our customers’ specifications.
Österby Gjuteri endeavours to:
- Take due consideration of the environment in our day-to-day work and in our decisions such that we reduce our environmental impact through continuous improvements
- Exercise a preventive approach in order to reduce damage to the natural world caused by emissions and accidents
- Follow, as a matter of course, all currently valid legislation and ordinances
- Carry out training and inform our employees in order to increase awareness and commitment to environmental issues
- Reduce our use of fossil fuels and make our use of energy more efficient.
Research and development
Österby Gjuteri’s goal is to be a world leader in manufacturing complex foundry goods in short series. To accomplish this, high competence within material science, casting technology, casting simulation and processing are required.
We also work with external companies, suppliers and institutions, such as the Swedish Foundry Association, which is an industry organisation and a research institute for the Swedish casting industry. Together with the Swedish Foundry Association and other Swedish foundries, research projects are under way in materials science, casting technology and virtual technology, such as computer simulations and calculations. We also carry out metallurgical research and development in order to optimise melting and waste management, together with Kobolde & Partners AB.
Österby Gjuteri strives continuously to increase efficiency and improve the quality of our products. We collaborate with suppliers of casting supplies, including Ask Chemicals, Foseco and Beijer Industri, and within mechanical processing we collaborate with suppliers of cutting tools such as Sandvik Coromant and SECO. We also collaborate with AME AB, a supplier of CAD/CAM solutions.
Österby Gjuteri has around 100 employees and a turnover of about SEK 175 million. We export close to 70 per cent of our products. Our foremost markets are Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and Italy.